etds and ears

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Sun Feb 18 20:00:31 MST 2007

Hey, kids---I do a pitch raise aurally, exactly like I do a tuning,
but quicker, with about a 1/3 overpull, less or more depending on the
piano and the situation; I, like Fenton, spend a little more time on
the temperament (my order is temperament, then down to the bottom,
then up to the top from F#4;) it just makes it more bearable and
pleasant as I speed through. I like a pitch raise; it's more money,
and I like to challenge myself to leave the piano ready for fine
tuning at .5-1.5 cents low: my favorite tuning platform. Takes me 25
or 30 minutes. I usually charge $75.00.....

David Andersen