Anything but the piano!

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 20 07:38:58 MST 2007

Subject: Anything but the piano!

 A guy just called me and said he and his wife got a divorce.  Must have
been an ugly one because she cracked three raw eggs in their Yamaha upright!
I'm guessing the eggs have been there for a while because the house is
currently vacant. He wants to sell the piano and some of the keys are not
functioning.  Yuck!

Any guesses on what I'm going to find when I open the thing up to commence
cleaning?

Michelle Smith

Wear rubber gloves.  Look for hardened felts--key bushings, front and
balance rail felt and punchings, corroded front/balance rail pins. Check
under the keybed for spaces that the egg could leak through.  You'll
probably have to deodorize the piano with the cleaning.  Frabeeez liquid and
air freshener work for me.  Consider your fee for vandalized repair
services.

Paul C