DC life expectancy

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Tue Feb 20 23:52:15 MST 2007

Hi Barbara,

With the current design I'd say 25 years and up. There are few metal parts
to "give up the ghost" and plastic lasts for longer than a piano. I have
clients that have units that are over 25 years old and still "just fine".
Mind you I'm a fanatic about changing pads and draining the units once per
year.

The older humidifier rod brackets tended to corrode eventually--which would
dump the rod into the water bucket--which would cause the glass tube to
break and destroy the function of the bar. If one caught them "in time" the
wire that used to be used for hanging the units could be put into service
to hold the rod. Too bad DC are not still providing that lovely plastic
covered wire!

I have seen units that are so old they had just a humidistat, drier bar,
and humidifier. They work well--so long as the client is willing to open
the kick plate to add water on a regular basis. I do try to get them to
upgrade to a smart bar for obvious reasons.

I have seen one "glowing" LWL that failed.

At 08:03 PM 2/20/2007 -0600, you wrote:
>   Hi all,        Again, I  wasn't home in time to call out east...
>Thanks,   Barbara Richmond, RPT near Peoria, Illinois   No virus found in
>this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.441 /
>Virus Database: 268.18.3/694 - Release Date: 2/20/2007 1:44 PM
Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner