reverberation off of hard surfaces, not unlike false beats

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Wed Feb 21 15:29:56 MST 2007

Hey Dave---next time, try tuning super-ultra softly, and "ordering"
your body to listen near-field. You have to be adept, which I'm sure
you are, at setting the pin without beating the shit out of the
piano---1 Aikido-like test blow per string is good, if necessary---
and your ears, and being, are much less stresed and confused at the
end. I've had "cavern tunings" for a while: a couple massive church
sanctuaries and several castle-type private cribs. And even tuning
soft and listening near-field, it's still hard and challenging. Which
is cool.
David Andersen