MARC question

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Thu Feb 22 14:41:26 MST 2007

comments interspersed.....
On Feb 22, 2007, at 9:18 AM, voce88 at aol.com wrote:

> This brings me to a question that I know will get great input here
> - Cunningham is displaying at MARC - should we bring some examples
> of nicely rebuilt and refinished pianos - S&S, M&H, etc. - normal
> fare so our consistency could be seen?
Absolutely---bring your finest-sounding-and-feeling rebuilt Steinway,
and, ONLY if it's really well-prepared and tweaked, a new M&H concert
grand. Make the piano shine with obsessive rounds of tuning, voicing,
and regulation, and you'll make a really memorable impression;
pianotechs are the harshest critics in the world, and they'll ONLY be
honest with you if you're pianos are something special; you'll hardly
ever get the truth if they aren't up to snuff.

> OR - do we bring something quite unusual, like an 1860's pianoforte
> or an 1898 Art case Bosendorfer?
Nah.

> OR - a new M&H concert grand?
Yes.  See above, but ONLY if it's tweaked out to concert level by a
great technician.  If it's anything other than stunning, leave it at
home.

> .... or something I haven't even mentioned here?
That's enough.

> BTW, we only have a 20' by 10' booth - so "all of the above" won't
> be a real option. Feel free to respond privately or here on the
> list - or call me if you want.
>
> Thank you in advance for your kind responses,
You're welcome. This is advice I've followed and had big success with.

> Rich Galassini
> Cunningham Piano Co.
> (215) 991-0834 (direct line)

David Andersen