applying teflon powder

Andy Moore andy at makemooremusic.com
Thu Feb 22 14:57:04 MST 2007

Avery wrote:
> This is the first time I've heard of any "toxicity" from
> Teflon powder. Do you have any proof of that? I really
> doubt it or Bill wouldn't be selling it!!!!!!!!

Teflon emits toxic fumes when heated to high temperatures but I doubt
even the fastest-fingered pianist in the world would be able to heat
that bushing to the required 300-700 degrees. :)

FYI, the US government advises against the use of Teflon coated cookware
for this reason.

--
Andy Moore
Make Moore Music