First Dampp-chaser install

Richard Morgan rsanbornmorgan at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 18:59:47 MST 2007

Well, I did it today, and it took the 3 hours predicted for first-timers.  I'd have saved time had I remembered the hex driver earlier--quicker than a screwdriver.  I can imagine that even the second will go much quicker--at lease a half-hour less.

Questions:
I need to get an extension cord (probably 20 ft, to allow for moving--any issues I should be aware of?
The grand is in a church, and will occasionally be moved.  The extension cord will allow for that.  What about covering the exposed cord with something besides tape--like what is used to extend computer/phone cables?
Can the unit be unplugged for a service?  If so the danger is remembering to replug, of course. . .
Thanks for your comments.

Richard Morgan