Long term pitch drop, was: Type O

PAULREVENKOJONES paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Fri Feb 23 00:33:50 MST 2007

Ric, and all:

One of real eye-openers from the Rochester rebuilder's showcase was the amazing number of innovations possible with stunning results in most cases. But it also occurred to me, while I was there and since, that because of the economics of factory production (as a well as shareholder pressure from public companies) that in five years we'll be lucky to see any of the innovations adopted or brought into the mainstream. It's a conservative crowd, and understandable given the costs of production and the nature of the market. But isn't it too bad that we'll see most of the really deeply considered ideas expressed in only limited numbers from the onesy-twosy shops. But thanks to all of the people who did the thinking and making!

Paul

"If you want to know the truth, stop having opinions" (Chinese fortune cookie)