Source for key coverings

MICHAEL MORVAN keymaestro at verizon.net
Fri Feb 23 05:51:15 MST 2007

Cy,
    Mineral Plastic is a synthetic material with a very high mineral
content. These minerals make for a plastic that looks and feels very much
like natural materials such as the coveted ivory or bone. It is widely used
on the finest European pianos and organs and on keyboards made in Europe for
the finest domestic pianos and organs. It is quickly gaining acceptance
domestically. Mineral plastic come in 3 shades, white, off-white and crème
color. Pieces measure 1 inch wide by 6 inches long and 0.080 thick, matching
material for the key front can be obtained. I hope this helps, any questions
let me know.   Mike

Michael A. Morvan
Blackstone Valley Piano
Dedicated To Advancing The Art Of Keyboard Restoration
76 Sutton Street
Uxbridge, Ma. 01569
(508) 278-9762
Keymaestro at verizon.net