tuner's note in piano - funny

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 06:31:56 MST 2007

I was tuning a PSO WurliTzer spinet the other day. The tuner's "note" shown
in the attached picture was written on the keysticks, and was in between the
service "notes."  (I guess writing when you tuned the piano was common at
one point. I've seen it a number of times, but never do it myself.) Anyhow,
it shows the tuner's frustration.

Some things never change. We still hate PSO spinets, and this "no good
WurliTzer" has made no improvements since 1979 when the note was written.

JF