First Ecsaine Install

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sat Feb 24 08:12:16 MST 2007

>Yes, the dampers must come off.

Hmmmm...    Remove the dampers or remove the hammers.   Hmmmmmm.

My vote, a resounding: remove hammers.

Reseating dampers is not a chore I would look forwards to.

Besides, remove ~70 dampers or remove 88 hammers, where's the time savings?

The amount of effort it took to remove the Corfam and clean the surfaces proves
to me that removing the hammers is the way to go. No stress on the centers.

With the hammers removed, filing is easier, not to mention
probability of repinning.
Heck, I even tapered them slightly to reduce the risk of rubbing
adjacent hammers.

You can prefer to recover on the rail, I don't want to risk damage
or working in tight quarters.
--

Regards,

Jon Page