Am I the last 'signer'??

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Feb 24 13:04:00 MST 2007

"...'graffiti', and 'marking of territory' posts that will surely follow..."

And heeeeeere comes, as predicted!!!   :-)

Actually, I agree that a permanent service record attached to the piano is a
great idea. I would However suggest that the tech ask the owner before
attaching stickers or writing somewhere - especially on a new nice piano.

Ten years ago I bought a brand-spankin' new Steinway 1098 (what a rude
introduction into the world of piano technology!). The tuner came for our
one free tuning. When he was finished, he filled out his PTG piano service
record sticker and was about to affix it to the top of my $13,000
hand-fitted, hand-rubbed lacquer finished, hex-a-grip pinblock, and let me
tell you - I SHRIEKED! I'm serious, I would have been very, very upset had
he stuck his sticker on my pinblock.

I mean, that's like sticking an oil change record sticker on the polished
chrome valve cover of a brand new Ferarri.

I guess I'm just suggesting that one may wish to ask first.

Terry Farrell