Square grand rebuilding

Dave Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 26 07:18:20 MST 2007

On 2/25/07, ed440 at mindspring.com quoth:

>Abel will recover the hammers. See their web site.

Abel does a great job, I just had them recover a set for a Collard &
Collard. I would try to record every possible action parameter before
pulling anything apart. If you can make an accurate hammer spacing
guide and a let off rack it will save a lot of in and out with the
action, which I find the most irritating part of working on squares,
not to mention the risk of breaking something if you get impatient.
Be prepared to manufacture your own springs for the action.
--
----Dave