Stiff Damper Rail

tom tomtuner at verizon.net
Mon Feb 26 22:30:00 MST 2007

Jim,
	First---Lose the graphite-- The stuff is evil!
	Protek, Goose juice, powdered Teflon---anything but graphite.
	This action will come out easily. You say the damper rod is stiff.
Is it stiff from seized bushings at the hangers? Are the damper springs
collectively too strong? Is the spring rail too close to the damper levers?
Take a look ---the piano will tell you what to do.
	To quote Yogi Berra   "You can observe a lot by looking"
	Tom Driscoll RPT