tax question

ed miller edmiller3 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 27 14:11:45 MST 2007

Hello,

How do you do your taxes in regard to the materials used when servicing
pianos.

For example, glues, tapes and paper puchings. Are these things deducted (in
that they are operating expenses)? Or are they claimed as parts sold (for
example, when you regulate a piano your client has essentially bought the
punchings used to level the keys)? Deducted vs claimed.....hmmm?

When I charge a client for a regulation (including pre-regualation repairs)
I add a shop supplies fee, somewhere around $10-15. How do I account for
this when filing my taxes?

Thanks,
Ed