Ecsaine

Tom Sivak tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 1 10:05:44 MST 2007

List

  I know Ecsaine comes in black.  Does it come in red, too?  I have a 1981 Baldwin Hamilton that I want to sell.  I've been warned that Baldwins of this vintage used Ecsaine, and although the backchecks and hammer butts are covered in something that is roughly the color of buckskin (it's a bit redder than most buckskin...) it's very smooth, and I suspect it may actually be Ecsaine.

  The piano is checking and playing fine, so it's not a problem I need to address, I don't think, but just for my own enlightenment, could this be Ecsaine?

  What vintage Baldwin pianos have it?  What colors might you find it in?

  Tom Sivak
  Chicago