Bridle Straps

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 1 18:32:16 MST 2007

I get mine from Schaff.  You have to cut them so the unequal length doesn't matter.  After replacing the ones on my piano, the control is better than it was before.

  Matthew

Jurgen Goering <pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com> wrote:
  Speaking of bridle straps, is there a source of _good_ ones any more?
My complaints are that the straps are of unequal lengths in a given
set. As well, the strap material is too thick and inflexible for my
liking, it often impedes with checking on a soft blow. It seems there
used to be high quality straps made with a thin, soft but very strong
material.

Ideas anyone?

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply