Quantifying What You Hear...

ed440 at mindspring.com ed440 at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 2 20:17:26 MST 2007

Matt-

It's my impression that guitarists often have remarkable sensitivity to string timbres (o.k., I admit I was a guitarist first). As you know, on guitar you make the sound by touching the string with your finger, and most guitarists are very concerned with exploring and controlling timbre.  Hard to think of a better way to learn.  It's quite likely that you are more sensitive to sound than most pianists.
Let us know what happens!

Ed Sutton