electronics replacing pianos?

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Jan 4 16:06:33 MST 2007

Hi Stéphane

The word you are looking for is "subsidized"... but I kinda liked your
term...  :)

Cheers
RicB

    Hi Avery.

    By subventionned orchestra, I meant an orchestra whose costs are
    paid by the State.  Sorry for my poor unsubventionned english.  In
    small Belgium, the land is divided into two major subcountries :
    Flanders and Walloony.  Flanders is richer than Walloony.  I
    unfortunately happen to live in the Walloony side of the land.  To
    give you an example of the kind of bucks we get in here for artistic
    work, I had an important order from the state to compose a 40
    minutes piece for a 30 person orchestra.  It took me more than one
    year to achieve this.  They paid me 3000 euros, which is about 4000
    US dollars.  One year work.  Now you know why I tweak old pianos.
    What is the correct english term for orchestra paid by state ?

    Best regards

    Stéphane Collin.