electronics replacing pianos?

carlteplitski koko99 at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 4 18:09:35 MST 2007

Great points ! ! !  How do we as a group, send this message to prospective
buyers ??

I  have upgraded my PC about 6 or 7 times since I bought the first one.
WHY  ? ? ?   because the manufacturers produce better PCs, making it
necessary
to upgrade ,so one will be able to download, read graphics, more memory,
pictures, etc.
If one needed a new, better piano to play better music, how many times would
one have to upgrade.  I suppose an electronic instrument will be made that
will not
breakdown indefinietly, but when it does, you will have to replace, like a
timex watch.
There aren't parts available for many keyboards needing repair today. Wonder
why ??

Modern companies manufacture appliances with built-in absolesence.  Only
good for so many
hrs.  Like a light bulb ,  for instance.      ( Keyboards become obsolete
. )
I drive a 1993 Merc. Sable auto. I 'm sure it is just as good as any new
auto made today, but mine
doesn't have a disc player,      and I really need,  want one.     Sooooo ,
I guess I should upgrade.

How many rock bands out there would like a B3 Hammond organ, if you could
find one . Pretty
old technology, but still very much in demand.  Fender amps., Gibson
guitars, etc.
Probably many examples similar , that I don't even know about.    In my
humble (?) opinion
what it boils down to is this;  Acoustic instruments, like piano, violin,
guitar, etc. will be around ,
because they are the real " McCoy," and will survive hi-fi, stereo,disc,
etc.( I hope.)
Last I heard , a Strad. violin sold for 3.5 million dollars. ( about 300
years old ) How many elec. keyb . .

Carl / Winnipeg, Canada.