Diary of a mad pitch raise

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 6 12:10:13 MST 2007

Hey now....
I think the most effective way for pitch raising is tuning the the unisons as you go.   All strings in the unison are at the same pitch and react somewhat together, rather than coming back 10 minutes later and tuning the outside strings to the now lower middle string, ala strip muting.   I also have finally been trying out the pitch raising program in my SATIII.   If I carefully tune the unisons as I would on an ordinary tuning, I can come back and just touch up the unisons for a "fairly decent" tuning.   Really only applicable in a school situation...I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving it that way with a private customer.   It is hard to get that stable unison when making a large tension change on the pitch raise pass...much different than fine tuning...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA 94044