DC installation/piano on truck

Marcel Carey mcpiano at videotron.ca
Sat Jan 6 14:07:40 MST 2007

WE WANT PICTURES  WE WANT PICTURES...

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC

-----Message d'origine-----
De : pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] De la
part de Barbara Richmond
Envoyé : 6 janvier 2007 15:09
À : Pianotech List
Objet : Re: DC installation/piano on truck

Hi Paul,

Well, actually, I did the installation this morning.  Yesterday I found
a camping lounge chair (the kind without arms--each end folds up or
down--could be used as a cot---Saturday Lounger, Guide Series from
Gander Mountain--on sale, too!) that worked quite nicely.  It had the
added benefit that it put me higher up so my short arms weren't extended
to the max.  I think I may try to make the legs of the chair a little
shorter and it would be the perfect height to clear a truck and have
just the right amount of room between the piano and me.  I must admit,
this was the most comfortable installation I've done--it didn't hurt
that the piano was small either.  It was easy for me to slide onto the
chair to get under the piano and slide off again to get out.

Maybe I could even alter this lounger so it had casters...because I have
thought about a mechanic's creeper, but wasn't sure one would be set up
high enough to clear the truck. I suppose a creeper would be nice for
pianos that aren't on trucks, if it had the right casters for whatever
flooring is present.  My mode of operation has been to lie on a beach
towel or blanket and scoot around if on a wood floor, and I have a sheet
of plastic I scoot around on if I'm on carpet.  Still the distance from
the floor to the piano is a challenge for my short arms.

Anyway, I'm in the best mood I've ever been in after a DC
installation....and I'm sure my family will put the lounger to good use.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois