regulation problems

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Mon Jan 8 06:09:22 MST 2007

At 07:41 AM 1/8/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi David,
>
>...and I bet you have some slick way of shimming them on the
>bench.  Care to share?
>
>Inquiring minds want to know!
>
>Alan Eder

Before you loosen/remove the action, find or make naturals (toward
the ends and in the middle) whose keydip exactly matches one of your
blocks. (Write which block and which notes down! DAMHIK) When the
action is on the bench, shim until the blocks are again exactly level
with the keys. Carpenter shims work well. Business cards do, too.

At one time, I had a bench with action glides imbedded along the
front (before Baldwin did that on their grands) and I could adjust at
5 points along the front rail.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.