Just needs a little tuning!

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Mon Jan 8 11:54:34 MST 2007

If you are going to repair? Where did the bass strings break?
I have seen quite a few of this vintage, where the bass pins, were not in at an angle to allow even coils on the pin. They overlapped, caused stress and broke.
The fix as I see it, would be to plug, and redrill the pin hole, at a greater back angle, to allow, the coils to lie flat.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca