Piano Store Check-in List

Rex Roseman rosemanpiano at netzero.net
Tue Jan 9 17:24:44 MST 2007

First, I am new to the list having gotten the digests for a couple
months now, and I want to say that I think this is wonderful and to
thank all of you out there that participate.

On one of the posts (which I saved someplace [and lost] in cyber-space
on my computer) it was mentioned that a tuner/tech that had worked at a
store had used a check-in sheet to prep the new pianos that came in. I
have been (happily) working at a piano dealer for about 5 years and have
gone from hearing "tune this piano, don't touch anything else" from the
sales person(s) to "come in and do what you need to get the pianos ready
to sell" from the store owner. This is a great opportunity but mostly a
large responsibility. As I listened to other tuner/techs talk about
their experience with various new pianos, I started to realize that it
was my responsibility to see that the company that I work for doesn't
put out unprepared instruments.

So, a check list is just the thing for me to make sure that I catch the
problems as they come in. I have a start with the things that the sales
people have been concerned with in the past and a few things that I
regularly check, but any suggestions and sample lists would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks again for the great list and the opportunity to sit in on (and
add to) the ongoing conversations.

Rex Roseman

Roseman Piano Tuning

Akron, Ohio 44313