Grand Caster Replacement

Steve Blasyak atuneforyou at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 10 09:41:48 MST 2007

Hey Now,

Nice legs!!! Thanks for the offer Jurgen, as I said the piano does not
currently have what I would call conventional legs. It has these huge
pedestals under the key bed that are connected to each other under the key
bed and the pedal lyre is also attached to that. To change the legs out
would change the look and originality of the piano. Not that I think it
looks all that great believe me. Also they have a babinga wood veneer that
matches the paneling on the ship.

Right now I'm thinking I'm going to have to lay it on it's side. Cy has
suggested I use the Jack in the box. I'm not sure that will work as I would
have to remove both front legs/pedestals at once at least as for as I can
tell. Not sure if you were joking but the QM has been docked in Long Beach
for about 25 or 30 years. The piano has been in Sir Winston's lounge for as
long as I can remember. In fact up until now I did not realize it even had
casters. They are recessed in the huge ball things. When I tuned it on
12/27 no one bothered to tell me it was going to moved across the room. In
hind sight I think they wish they would have left it were it has been for
many years.

They are not sure they even want me to do the work. They have what they
call engineers on the ship but they can't get to it until next month
sometime. I just told them I would try to work up a bid.

Thanks again I'll keep you all posted.

Steve

Pura Vida