lead wire/downweight, etc.

Dave Davis dave at davispiano.com
Wed Jan 10 13:19:52 MST 2007

I suggest starting with Terry's first approach to make sure the action is correct. As you already know, simple things like damper upstop rail too high (bouncing dampers), drop set too low (extra bump before let-off), late damper timing (extra bump before let-off) fast repetition springs (key jumps when the backcheck releases) and the list goes on, can be unsettling to the pianist and could be translated as not firm.

Dave Davis, RPT