prop stick grommet

John Voigt jvoigt at gwtc.net
Sat Jan 13 12:25:47 MST 2007

List,

I have in my shop two Kimball grands (save your condolences), both of which
have empty holes on the bottom of the lids where the prop stick goes.  This
is a flat bottomed hole with a diameter of approximately 1 11/16 inches.
The brass inserts I find in the supply catalogs are too small.  Does anyone
know what was originally in there?  If nothing is available, I am planning
to create something on the turning lathe.  Any other solutions?

John Voigt
PTG Associate