Plumber Envy? (Ron)

Tom Sivak tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 13 13:52:19 MST 2007

I'm sorry, Ron.  The point of my post was to bemusingly point out that so often here on the list the "plumber" is used as a standard of comparison for us pianoguys.  To imagine that any of us actually hold any animosity towards "plumbers", or that we might be envious of them was intended to be humorous.  Maybe humorous is the wrong word; amusing might be better.

  But that's the problem with email; it's hard to hear the tone of someone's words by just reading them.

  So, just in case the slant of my post were to be misinterpreted, I included the closing line, "Just kidding around here, hope nobody gets all hot and bothered over this..."

  This being a serious forum, filled with serious folk, I apologize for trying to interject any such froth into the fray.

  Tom Sivak
  Chicago

  P.S.

  BTW, the reason I didn't mention the HVAC guy, other than the fact that I have no idea what an HVAC guy is, is that my post was about plumbers popping up so frequently on the list, and was not about your post at all.

Ron Nossaman <rnossaman at cox.net> wrote:

First, it isn't animosity. It's a fact. If the building filled
with water or sewage smells when the piano(s) needed service,
my income would triple overnight. Second, I didn't say
anything remotely like your "quote". The plumbers DO come in
through the back, typically, and I'd be happy to as well,
having parked there like the plumber (and HVAC guy,
incidentally. You seem to have missed him), rather than walk a
half mile lugging a tool case across the parking lot.

Ron N