Plumber Envy? (Ron)

hubert liverman hubertliverman at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 14 05:57:19 MST 2007

  Oh, I can't resist this.

  NOSSAMANS PIANO PLUMBING SERVICE

  Looks like the problem is solved to me <GRIN>

  Hubert(still plumbing the depths of piano technology)Liverman
  Tuner/tech
  Opelika, AL.

  Ron

  Get yourself a van, paint RON N on the side, and park it right in front of that school.  Or the side.  Or back.  Leave the car at home.

  It has less to do with their occupation
  Than with their mode of transportation.

  Tom S

  Ron Nossaman <rnossaman at cox.net> wrote:

    > I'm sorry, Ron. The point of my post was to bemusingly point out that
    > so often here on the list the "plumber" is used as a standard of
    > comparison for us pianoguys. To imagine that any of us actually hold
    > any animosity towards "plumbers", or that we might be envious of them
    > was intended to be humorous. Maybe humorous is the wrong word; amusing
    > might be better.

    Tom,
    I used plumbers and HVAC as examples because those are
    literally the trucks I see parked right outside the side or
    back doors of institutions - rather than in the far corners of
    the parking lot where I am. A cosmic coincidence, if you will.
    Had it been flapjack polisher's trucks, I probably wouldn't
    have even mentioned it.

    It's true that plumbers take a lot of heat on the list, but I
    suspect that it's because the profession is such a universally
    recognized prime example of a low skill requirement high pay
    job. I dare say I could learn and do a plumber's job in
    considerably less time than he could learn and do mine, but
    that didn't have anything to do with my mention of plumbers.

    > BTW, the reason I didn't mention the HVAC guy, other than the fact that
    > I have no idea what an HVAC guy is, that my post was about plumbers
    > popping up so frequently on the list, and was not about your post at all.

    That would be Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning,
    which has some disturbing similarities to plumbing...

    Ron N