console vs. spinet

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Sat Jan 20 06:22:11 MST 2007

At 09:35 AM 1/20/2007 +0100, you wrote:
>what is a console and what is a spinet? Is the difference just the
>form of the corpus? When I hear console I figure out a small piano.
>Spinet has 2 "front legs". Is this correct?
>
>Gregor

To many technicians, a console has a direct action, a spinet has an indirect.
Typically, the crossover is at about 1 metre, with most consoles
being larger and most spinets being smaller.

To the manufacturer/salesperson, your guess is as good as anyone's.

To the public?

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.