Acuostic vs electric

Tunebyear at aol.com Tunebyear at aol.com
Sun Jan 21 13:44:29 MST 2007

In a message dated 1/21/2007 12:55:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
atuneforyou at earthlink.net writes:

Greetings from beautiful down town Anaheim...and that's not in LA.

I almost hate to bring this up as it seems the acoustic vs electric  thread
finally has died out.

While at the NAMM show I was in the Bosendorfer room and lisned to a new
proto type electric piano with a real piano action in it. This thing really
kicked a_______.
I just happened to get lucky and hear an incredible pianist Keneth Crouch
play it for a while.

I asked for any literature on the thing and was told they had already  passed
out all they had. Not in production yet but would retail at about 50 k  in
U.S.

Now I'm not suggesting it was as good as the Imperial Grand right next to
it. I'm just saying this seemed to me to be the state of the art next
generation of electric instruments. Did anyone else get to hear it?

Steve

Steve et al

    I bought a little 4'?" Howard grand a  couple of years ago,,, I was on
the fence as to maybe junking
the piano and using the action as a controller.  It would need a case  with
possibly a rubber rail
with the appropriate duro meter hardness to act as a surface  to replace the
strings. this case would need a substantial key  bed like a hardwood laminate
board.  probably would be pretty  heavy but an action like
that is not itself very heavy.  Could fit a midi contact bar under the  keys,
 The contact wouldn't be at the hammer/string but the  feel ,after touch,
velocity could be close i would think.

    I didn't follow thru with the idea, I went ahead  and did a bridge/epoxy
repair, sb repair, restrung it and sold it.

   Would like to try the controller retro  thing someday,  has anyone else
done anything along these lines  ?

Tom Ayers
Highland