Kranich and Bach grand jacks

PIANOTECHNICIAN at aol.com PIANOTECHNICIAN at aol.com
Sun Jan 21 17:59:14 MST 2007

I recently replaced a set of K&B short arm jacks, and many of them came  out
on an angle after pushing the new center pin through - the tops of many  jacks
were not centered in the rep. lever slot, rubbing against the side of the
slot. Could it be that the manufacturer of these jacks drilled the tiny  center
pin hole inaccurately in many of the jacks?  Would a worn out center  pin tool
cause this problem? Even if there were some play in my center pin  cylinder,
wouldn't the center pin find it's way through the hole and not deviate  at all?