Sunday ramblings

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Mon Jan 22 07:04:21 MST 2007

>>Even with a rare
well maintained Dampp-Chaser, I've nearly never (if EVER) seen
a piano stay within 4c throughout, with the shift from
winter/summer/winter. A mere 4c correction is a real luxury
for me.
Ron N<<

Interesting. We have pretty radical humidity swings here in Indiana, but I
am finding lots of pianos with a DC system and cover on a regular schedule
to be +/- 1 cent. In fact, just last Friday I tuned a G5 with full system
that was -4 cent and I was surprised it was out that much. I have found,
generally, that adding the cover will keep it more stable than that.

Dean