Sunday ramblings

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Mon Jan 22 09:06:17 MST 2007

I like to show customers a new tuning pin that I keep in my case, and if
it's a grand, I pull the fallboard and show them the underside of the
pinblock.  Most customers are surprised at the friction fit, and grasp the
amount of work required to replace a bad block.  My emphasis with a DC
system is not tuning stability, but longevity of the piano.  I use the seat
belt analogy: a DC can only prevent humidity damage, it can't repair it.

--Cy--