Preventing hearing loss

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 22 08:57:26 MST 2007

Hi, Mark:
	A few years ago, I ordered a pair of headphones from a hunting supply
company that I hoped would do exactly what you describe.  Just as a digital
piano doesn't reproduce a piano sound as accurately as the real thing, I
found that it did not work for me.  Aside from this, it looks a little
funny to customers.
	I use ER-20 ear protectors, recommended to me by a professional drummer.
They are listed in the Pianotek catalog.  MUCH cheaper than the fitted
ones, and (to me) much more comfortable too.  (I have the fitted ones too).
I do have to remove them for the last half dozen notes, however.
	FWIW.
	Paul McCloud
	San Diego