A tenor bridge conversion

Stéphane Collin collin.s at skynet.be
Mon Jan 22 13:27:08 MST 2007

Hi list, hi Ron.

Just one stupid question for Ron.
Ron, I truly appreciate your work and effort in piano improvement.
But reading this, one question comes to my mind :
do you really believe that Bechstein engineers were not aware of the % of breaking strength of the tenor strings of their pianos ?  I suppose not.  So the next question is : why the hell those educated people did chose to implement such a design (the tension drop in low trebble bridge) on such an expensive piano ?
Just wondering.

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin.