"Yankee" Off-Set screwdrivers

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 23 15:44:14 MST 2007

I'd like to see a photo of that...

David Ilvedson, RPT

Pacifica, CA 94044

Original message

From: "Frank Emerson"

To: "joegarrett at earthlink.net, "Pianotech List"

Subject: Re: "Yankee" Off-Set screwdrivers

I made a tool for this from a 1" diameter knurled, round aluminum nut.  The center hole is large enough for the capstan screw head to just fit inside it.  A hole was drill from side to side through the nut, with a large gauge of piano wire inserted in the hole, and bent over on each end..  The nut is placed over the screw, and rotated until the wire drops into the screw slot.  It then becomes a 1" diameter knob to turn the screw with.

Frank Emerson

pianoguru at earthlink.net