jack not returning on high treble

PAULREVENKOJONES paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Wed Jan 24 04:21:40 MST 2007

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH, STOP HAVING OPINIONS!

In a message dated 01/24/07 00:52:22 Central Standard Time, michelle at smithpianoservice.com writes:

The more I’m typing, the more I think it has to be the key dip problem.  I think I better go sleep on this one.
Michelle, I agree, and I still think there is some relationship between blow and dip/aftertouch here. You know, of course, don't you, the relationship between aftertouch and blow distance, the shorter the blow, the more aftertouch, the opposite with let-off, etc. This might all come down to a key height issue. Depending on age and use, the key height will certainly have dropped, decreasing dip and possibly erasing aftertouch. Are there any hammers bobbling or double striking in the center of the piano, or even close to it as far as you can tell; you can feel the lack of complete escapement if this is the case. It would point in the direction of low key height/eroded aftertouch/key dip. Just more thoughts.:-)

Paul

Keep those suggestions coming!

Michelle Smith