Cleaning epoxy off soundboard joint --- was glues

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Wed Jan 24 23:17:49 MST 2007

Mike, Ron...all
  Thanks for the advice.  If it wasn't 5  pm I probably would got round to
the heat gun.
  Ron the worst part was this beautiful  looking board reversed crowned a bit
when it came out.  This client has  already been thru the ringer & its a
vintage  stwy.
  Dale

> My  heart goes out to you. That isn't fair. Somebody bonding a soundboard
>  to a rim with epoxy is totally out-of-line - and that coming from
>  epoxy-man himself!
>
> Terry Farrell

What I don't  understand is the rampant lack of any discernible
attempt to clean the old  glue off and get down to bare wood
where the epoxy could have done some  real damage. It's sloppy.
Shows a lack of pride in, and commitment to  being part of the
problem - like painting over mud.
Ron  N

Dale Erwin--Piano Restorations
4721 Parker  rd