redrilling plates for 90 deg hitchpins

jimialeggio5 at comcast.net jimialeggio5 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 25 07:43:54 MST 2007

Ron,

Thanks for your info.  A couple of questions?

Why roll pins? Don't  roll pins have a tendency to deflect?
Is it that they allow greater tolerances for a good fit in what is by necessity
a questionable drilling procedure?

Do you drill in the treble/tenor field similarly?

One supply note:  WL Fuller (401) 467-2900 will supply and custom grind
step drills to your specs for very short money, and promptly. They have also
given me custom points which have no tendency to wander at all
when starting an angled bridge pin hole.  I can start the angle immedialely
without intially spotting the hole straight and then angling.

Jim