Cleaning epoxy off soundboard joint --- was glues

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Thu Jan 25 19:24:49 MST 2007

Dale writes:
<<  Epoxy is really TOUGH  stuff.  It's like steel.  Oh and the
really special part is the  bridges got the same epoxy treatment. along with
..,.you guessed it ...the bridge caps.   >>

It is amazing what a little heat can do for epoxy.  When I have had to remove
it, I just grab a heat gun and judiciously warm up enough to work on bit by
bit.  It gets soft and chewy when hot.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT