Hardman Minipiano (ugh!)

pianolady50 at peoplepc.com pianolady50 at peoplepc.com
Fri Jan 26 05:57:39 MST 2007

I have, although it's been a while. As I recall, after taking off all the case parts that will come off, the keys have to come out.

Yes, all possible space for action extraction is needed.

I think there are hooks on the tops of the lifters that can lift up and turn 90 degrees to allow the keys to be lifted out.

Yes

The lifters might then be lowered through the key bed or they need to be individually removed from the action.

Most can be lowered through the keybed.  Where there is a cross-piece in the keyframe they cannot be lowered as the holes they pass through are too small.  Those have to be disconnected at the wippen.  Keep them in order!  They are bent in all manners and out of order will be a nightmare to sort out.

After all of that the key bed can be removed allowing access to the action.

On some.

Good luck!

You'll need piles of that!

Debbie

Has anyone out there ever successfully taken the action out of a Minipiano? If so, I take my hat off to you 1,000 times.

Jesse Gitnik
NYC
PTG member 1987-1988