Fluids & Killer Lids

Alan R. Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 28 13:09:29 MST 2007

One of my funnier piano memories.

After tuning a nice Baldwin grand, the customer called complaining that there were intermittent "clacking" sounds coming from the keys when they played.

Turned out their little one had lined up a bunch blocks, about 1/2" by 3" by 3" each, on the curved fallboard, then lifted the KEYBOARD LID (fallboard, to sticklers :->) letting all the blocks slide back on top of the key sticks. It was a two minute diagnosis and repair, a good laugh with the client, and a few bucks for stopping by.

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO
Joshua 24:15