Who can help me?

Jim Johnson jimjohns46 at verizon.net
Mon Jan 29 06:55:59 MST 2007

or tooth picks are great also
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John M. Formsma
  To: Pianotech List
  Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 8:40 AM
  Subject: Re: Who can help me?

  Why not repair the holes with shoe pegs or other similar strip of wood? Sometimes I don't want to go look for a shoe peg, so I slice off some wood from a hammer shank. Works fine with a bit of glue.

  JF

  PIANOTECHNICIAN at aol.com wrote:
    I have a customer with a 1920's Steinway A, and the lock bar screws are loose - I need to put in slightly larger screws because the holes are a bit enlarged. I wrote down the dimensions of the existing screws the last time I tuned the piano, but lost the information -- I think they're somewhere around 2 1/2 inches long. Does anyone know how long the screws are and their diameter?

    Jesse Gitnik
    NYC