Tokiwa wippens

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Jan 29 12:44:08 MST 2007

Hi Jesse
  Yes the problem was from some years back. Good parts,  nicely made. I'm not
a big fan of hornbeam shanks.  Some are great  & others twist like rubber
during burn in & it doesn't matter who  makes them.  Abels maple  Shanks are my
current favorite. Stiffer too.
  Dale

I never had any trouble with Tokiwa parts --they always seemed like a  very
decent replacement for Steinway parts, especially the grand hammer shanks  with
flanges. The cutout in the Tokiwa hammer flange is a bit larger  than that of
the original, making the flange position easier to adjust. Hammer  alignment
is therefore a breeze.

Jesse Gitnik
NYC
Tech. since 1980