OT - Federal "No Call List" ???

paul bruesch tunergeek at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 11:15:29 MST 2007

Capt Garrett,

I have had fairly good luck with the DNC list... but then again, I live in
Minnesota which was a pioneer in DNC. When the Fed DNC law passed, they
simply integrated the existing Minnesota list into the fed list.

That is not to say I get no solicitation calls (voice spam?).  There's a
loophole for any business that you have ever done business with... they have
a "legitimate" business relationship with you, so they are allowed to
solicit more business. Also, non-profits are allowed to tele-solicit...
that's why we get calls for donations to the "policeman's ball". I've been
chastised for not wanting to give half my paycheck to fight meth in rural
Wisconsin (a noble cause for sure, but why oh why do we pay taxes?)

Love the boat horn idea!!  Of course, it only works if it's a real person
talking to you and not a ()#@&%#@ computer interrupting your day.

Paul