Kawai K-8

donmannino at ca.rr.com donmannino at ca.rr.com
Tue Jan 30 14:45:48 MST 2007

Jeannie,

The K-8 is almost the same internally as the K-80 it replaced.  The action was updated to the carbon fiber, and the cabinet was streamlined a little.  It is still the same scale as before, has agraffes in the bass and tenor, and has a full sostenuto center pedal (the muffler rail is actuated with a hand lever under the keybed).

It is Kawai's finest upright piano.

Don Mannino RPT
Kawai America

Hello everyone, (sorry for the duplication to both lists)
I've had an inquiry about a Kawai K-8 and have never seen or serviced one.
Can anyone give me any feedback on what they are like and if there is a
better choice of piano in that price range?  This is for a 2nd piano in a
teacher's studio.  First piano is a very nice Kawai R-1.  Thanks much,
jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Registered Piano Technician
Island Piano Service