Very interesting question--

Robin Stevens pianoman at westnet.com.au
Tue Jan 30 20:35:03 MST 2007

 Hi Don,

The Mayer's piano was a job I did many years before I had heard about CA
glue. I did do a similar Chinese piano this two weeks ago that had untunable
pins and was down 100 cents. I applied about 6 ozs of CA glue with the piano
on it's back and when standing it up it was able to be raised the 100 cents.
Because the piano is only 5 minutes from my home I retuned it yesterday
finding the pitch had dropped 10-40 cents. I did not use RCT overpull the
first tuning but did yesterday after feeling happy with the pin block. I am
going back in a couple of weeks to do a fine tune.
The CA treatment saved this piano from being pushed into a corner and never
played by the elderly lady.

regards
Robin