Pitman

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 30 21:38:48 MST 2007

Seems like a good idea.   When I drill the tray and lever I usually drill into the old leather using the impressions as my target.   I'm trying to figure out if there is any reason why drilling into the wood would be better?   The old leather is usually tacked in...advantage to going to the wood is no waiting for glue to dry...your approach does give you the opportunity to align it...

I'm retro-fitting a pitman tomorrow and I might just do that...shoe leather.

David Ilvedson, RPT

Pacifica, CA 94044